The following rules apply to all customers - Please read
- 25 MPH site wide & ALL traffic signs must be obeyed at all times (strictly enforced)
- TARPS (covers) ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL OPEN LOADS (also enforced by police)
- SOLID WASTE IS NOT ACCEPTED FROM OUT-OF-COUNTY ROUTES
- ALL VEHICLES CHARGED ON ACTUAL TONNAGE OR PART THEREOF
- TIRES MAY NOT BE MIXED WITH OTHER MATERIALS (additional surcharge)
- ASBESTOS ACCEPTED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY (Wednesdays & Saturdays)
RECYCLABLES PROHIBITED: NEWSPAPERS, GLASS FOOD & BEVERAGE CONTAINERS, ALUMINUM & TIN FOOD & BEVERAGE CONTAINERS, LARGE METAL APPLIANCES, LEAVES, AUTO & HOUSEHOLD BATTERIES, will not be accepted for disposal. In addition, HIGH GRADE OFFICE PAPER and CORRUGATED CARDBOARD will not be accepted from commercial or institutional sources. Also prohibited is CONCRETE, ASPHALT (we do accept asphalt shingles), TREE STUMPS and TREE PARTS (over 3 inches in Diameter). However, carloads may include small amounts of these last four bulky items. Also prohibited from the landfill are any liquids or hazardous materials. If you have any liquids or hazardous materials please call the MONMOUTH COUNTY HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE FACILITY for an appointment at 732-683-8686 x5210. Monmouth County has a SOLID WASTE ENFORCEMENT TEAM (part of the Monmouth County Health Department) stationed at the landfill to monitor compliance with all State and County requirements. Fines can be assessed.
Dumping Permits: are not required for vehicles with a registered gross weight of 9,000 Lbs. or less & dumping personal waste. The weight limitation for "vehicle & trailer" combinations, hauling personal waste is 16,000 lbs. All others, including vehicles registered for less than 9,000 pounds, but hauling others' waste, must... CLICK HERE FOR NJDEP LICENSE PERMIT INFORMATION.
For a free copy of the RECYCLING DIRECTORY on how to handle recyclables and hazardous materials, go the Recycling and Solid Waste Planning page to learn more.