- Publishes the Monmouth County Bicycle Route Map that shows cyclists the suitability of various roads and offers tips on safe riding
- Publishes the county Transit Map that shows residents the transit routes and services available in Monmouth.
- In cooperation with Middletown, provides the Dock and Roll/Route 35 shuttle. It is a free shuttle between the Middletown rail station, Belford Ferry and various businesses and senior complexes along route 35.
- In cooperation with NJ Transit, provides evening and weekend service on the 836 Bus from Asbury Park to Freehold to allow employees to access jobs and government services (human services, County courthouse, Hall of Records)
- Conducted a Coastal Evacuation Route Improvement Study that provides valuable information for municipalities in their emergency evacuation planning and in furtherance of receiving funding for critical route improvements
- Applies for federal dollars through the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority to obtain funding for transportation related projects in Monmouth County
- Conducts special studies through the NJTPA Study Program including transportation corridor studies to assist municipalities address regional transportation issues.
- Currently working on planning for non motorized forms of transportation to provide transit alternatives for residents in the county. This will involve connecting existing routes established by the county and municipalities and establishing a more effective non-motorized transportation network
- Staffs a Monmouth County Transportation Council that is intended to serve as a conduit between the public, municipalities and the County on transportation issues.
- Acts as a facilitator on specific transportation issues and concerns when asked to do so by a municipality or organization.
Page Last Updated: 6/2/2011 8:33:00 AM