- The Christie Administration announced that it will hold an information session on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Manasquan Elks, 17 Stockton Lake Blvd. in Manasquan to provide individualized, hands-on assistance to help eligible RREM participants and residents. Read more.
- The Monmouth County Planning Board has a Recovery Assistance page hosting a variety of recovery resources.
- Support groups for Sandy survivors are being provided free of charge through Family Promise of Monmouth County. Read the brochure, also available in Spanish.
- Sandy Homeowner/Renter Assistance Program (SHRAP) voucher program helps affected residents with living expenses.
- A Monmouth County Long Term Recovery Group aids and assists residents affected by Sandy.
- The Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office has a task force to help Hurricane Sandy victims who fall prey to unscrupulous contractors, con artists and other storm opportunists. Go to www.sandyfraud.com or call 855-SANDY39 or 855-726-3939.
Here's what you can do to get ready for any storm:
- Prepare - Get a Kit
- Create an emergency plan
You should contact the emergency management office in your local municipality if you have specific questions about storm preparations in your town. Contact information for all Monmouth County municipalities can be found on the Information Center web pages of the county web site or, click here.
Stay informed - Listen to local radio stations