Division on Aging, Disabilities and Veterans Services
Veterans Services Office
21 Main and Court Center, PO Box 1255
Freehold, NJ 07728
Phone: 732-683-8675 Fax: 732-683-8676
Due to confidentiality and HIPAA federal and state regulations, you need to include a telephone contact number and/or address when you email us. No responses by the County potentially revealing Protected Health Information can be made via e-mail.
The Monmouth County Veterans Services Office serves the past, present, and future veterans of Monmouth County find the benefits and services to which they are entitled.
Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Area Served: Monmouth CountyVeteran’s assistance includes:
Services Provided: Veteran's assistance and referral services (see below)
- Initiate a service-connected compensation and pension claims with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Guide Veterans through the process of gathering medical documentation to support service connected compensation and pension claims.
- Initiate request for all military records.
- Assist veterans’ widows, children, and other dependents in applying for benefits.
Referral services include:
Interment services include:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder counseling
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Family counseling
- Readjustment counseling
- Bereavement counseling
- VA Healthcare
- Referral for long-term care such as the Menlo Park, Vineland, and Paramus Veterans’
- Home loan guaranty assistance
- Employment counseling/vocational rehabilitation
- Maintains records of all deceased Monmouth County veterans
- Locates any veterans grave upon the family’s request
- Handles requests for services from veterans and family members
- Accesses free cemetery plots dependent upon need
- Memorial Day Flags - Distributes approximately 38,000 flags to veterans’ organizations to be placed on Monmouth County veterans’ graves.
New Jersey Department of Military and Veteran Affairs:http://www.state.nj.us/military/
VA Hospitals - East Orange and Lyons: http://www.newjersey.va.gov/
Viet Nam Veterans of America, New Jersey State Council:http://www.njscvva.org/
New Jersey Viet Nam Veterans’ Memorial: http://www.njvvmf.org/
American Legion, New Jersey Department: http://www.njamericanlegion.org/
Veterans of Foreign Wars of New Jersey: http://www.njvfw.com/ (Click on “Post Info” for District 6 Monmouth County Chapters)
New Jersey Veteran Organizations: http://www.vetfriends.com/organizations/directory.cfm?state=NJ
Page Last Updated: 12/13/2013 10:42:00 AM