Division on Aging, Disabilities and Veterans Services
21 Main and Court Center, PO Box 1255
Freehold, NJ 07728
Phone: 732-683-8675 Fax: 732-683-8676
Due to confidentiality and HIPAA federal and state regulations, you need to include a telephone contact number and/or address when you email us. No responses by the County potentially revealing Protected Health Information can be made via e-mail.
The Monmouth County Veterans Services Office serves the past, present, and future veterans of Monmouth County find the benefits and services to which they are entitled.
Office hours are: Monday through Friday from noon to 4 p.m.
Area Served: Monmouth CountyVeteran’s assistance includes:
Services Provided: Veteran's assistance, referral services and veteran's interment services (see below)
- Initiate a service-connected compensation and pension claims with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Guide Veterans through the process of gathering medical documentation to support service connected compensation and pension claims.
- Initiate request for all military records.
- Assist veterans’ widows, children, and other dependents in applying for benefits.
Referral services include:
Interment services include:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder counseling
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Family counseling
- Readjustment counseling
- Bereavement counseling
- VA Healthcare
- Referral for long-term care such as the Menlo Park, Vineland, and Paramus Veterans’
- Home loan guaranty assistance
- Employment counseling/vocational rehabilitation
- Maintains records of all deceased Monmouth County veterans
- Locates any veterans grave upon the family’s request
- Handles requests for services from veterans and family members
- Accesses free cemetery plots dependent upon need
- Memorial Day Flags - Distributes approximately 38,000 flags to veterans’ organizations to be placed on Monmouth County veterans’ graves.
New Jersey Department of Military and Veteran Affairs:http://www.state.nj.us/military/
VA Hospitals - East Orange and Lyons: http://www.newjersey.va.gov/
Viet Nam Veterans of America, New Jersey State Council:http://www.njscvva.org/
New Jersey Viet Nam Veterans’ Memorial: http://www.njvvmf.org/
American Legion, New Jersey Department: http://www.njamericanlegion.org/
Veterans of Foreign Wars of New Jersey: http://www.njvfw.com/ (Click on “Post Info” for District 6 Monmouth County Chapters)
New Jersey Veteran Organizations: http://www.vetfriends.com/organizations/directory.cfm?state=NJ
Page Last Updated: 10/31/2013 10:52:00 AM