- Under direction, in one or more branches of engineering, supervises the field and office engineering work involved in the design, maintenance, and construction of buildings and facilities; does other related duties as required.
NOTE: The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely,all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
Plans, organizes, and supervises the field and office work program.
Gives assignments and instruction to employees.
Makes and directs the making of buildings and facilities that may be required.
Prepares detailed reports.
Makes accurate estimates of the quantities of materials that may be required and costs of specific maintenance projects.
Drafts correspondence pertaining to engineering programs and activities.
Supervises the field and office engineering work involved in design, maintenance, and construction of buildings and facilities.
Supervises the preparation of reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
Supervises the establishment and maintenance of records and files.
Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelors degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
NOTE: Possession of a Professional Engineer’s License issued by the NJ State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors may be substituted for the college degree.
Three(3) years of related professional engineering experience, one(1) year of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity. NOTE: A Master’s degree in Civil Engineering may be substituted for one (1) year of nonsupervisory experience.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Licensed Professional Engineer and Architect in the State of New Jersey. Familiar with buildings and facilities engineering, regulations and permits application.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of engineering problems involved in supervising the field and office operations of a staff engaged in the design, maintenance, and construction of buildings and facilities.
Ability to organize assigned large scale technical engineering and supervisory work and develop effective work methods.
Ability to give assignments to employees.
Ability to make accurate estimates of quantities and project costs.
Ability to prepare accurate and informative reports.
Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
- Licensed Professional Engineer and Architect in the State of New Jersey. Familiar with buildings and facilties engineering, regualtions and permits application.
- Individuals will only be considered if they possess the minimum requirements listed above.
- All applicants: In order to be considered for a job opening, an Application for Employment must be completed for each position. Resumes may be attached but are not considered as substitution for a fully completed job application form. E-mailed or faxed applications are not accepted.
- Mail: Completed applications referencing the job title code on the application to: County of Monmouth, Human Resources Department, 1 East Main Street, Freehold, NJ 07728
- Phone: To request a Job Application be mailed to you, call 732-431-7300
- In Person: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm