Monmouth County Division of Planning
The County Planning Division provides professional staff services to the Planning Board and other County agencies. Planning Division staff represents a broad range of education and experience in planning, growth management, environmental, economic and demographic issues and geographic information systems (GIS). In addition to providing staff services to many county committees, the Planning Division has been assigned responsibility for developing, implementing and updating other regional plans or programs mandated and/or funded by various State or Federal laws and directives. These include agricultural preservation, community development and housing assistance, wastewater and watershed plans, and transportation planning.
A guiding planning principle is to provide the process to engage and assist citizens and community leaders in directing future growth and changes, while protecting and enhancing natural, historic, scenic and recreational resources. You can take part in our growth management and preservation efforts by getting involved with one of the committees and councils, or by participating at one of the public hearings or commenting on one of our draft plans presently under development or review.
News & Updates
The Monmouth County Homeless Systems Collaborative (HSC) is accepting applications for 2014 Continuum of Care
funding. All groups requesting funding through the CoC must submit the notice of intent (NOI) form by July 18th, 2014. To request an electronic copy of the application form, email Taiisa Kelly at email@example.com
Sandy Home Repair and Advocacy Program
- The program is designed to help seniors and individuals with disabilities whose primary homes were damaged by Superstorm Sandy. Eligible households may receive up to $5,000 for home repairs. Click here for the application.
The NJ Department of Environmental Protection will be accepting Green Acres Program applications from interested municipalities and counties to acquire or develop land for outdoor recreation and conservation purposes. The application can be found in the What's New section at the Green Acres Program website. Application deadline is July 31, 2014.
ATTENTION MONMOUTH COUNTY RESIDENTS:
Working Group meetings for the County Master Plan are scheduled as follows:
- Healthy Communities, Wednesday, July 23
- Community Resiliency, Tuesday, July 29
- Community Development, Thursday, July 31 (Rescheduled from July 15)
- Farmland Preservation & Open Space, Thursday, July 31
- Transportation, Tuesday, September 9
- Arts, Cultural & Historic Resources, Wednesday, September 10
- Community Development, Tuesday, September 16
- Agricultural & Economic Development, Tuesday, September 23
- Community Resiliency, Tuesday, September 30
- Transportation, Tuesday, October 14
Anyone wishing to participate at a working group meeting must RSVP. Please click the links above to see the attached flyers for details.
Preliminary Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) are now available for Monmouth County. The map information and tools can be found here
. You can also use the What is My BFE? Address Lookup tool
. (Updated 2/1/14)
Planning Board Mission Statement
>>BACK TO TOP<<
Page Last Updated: 7/21/2014 3:20:00 PM