County of Monmouth
For Immediate Release:
December 12, 2012

FEMA revises recovery office hours

Monmouth locations open Monday-Saturday 9 a.m.-7 p.m.


FREEHOLD, NJ – The four FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) in Monmouth County will now be open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m.


The locations are:

  • Belmar Municipal Building, 601 Main St., Belmar, NJ 07719
  • Henry Hudson Trail Activity Center, 945 Hwy 36, Leonardo, NJ 07737 (Atlantic Highlands/ Middletown border)
  • Long Branch Fire Station #4, 109-205 Union Avenue, Long Branch, NJ 07740
  • Union Beach Municipal Building, 650 Poole Ave., Union Beach, NJ 07735

The DRCs are set up for residents to be able to speak one-on-one to recovery representatives, but it is not necessary to visit a center to receive disaster assistance

Before going to a DRC, it is helpful to register with FEMA. Apply for assistance by registering online at, by web-enabled mobile device at or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). Disaster assistance applicants who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY, should call 1-800-462-7585 directly; for those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362.

“Do it now. Get into the FEMA system,” said Sheriff Shaun Golden, who oversees the county’s OEM. “I urge affected residents to go online or make that call; the sooner they register for assistance, the sooner assistance may become available.”

FEMA program specialists are available to provide registration and other information, and to answer questions at the centers. These include mitigation specialists who can provide guidance on cost-effective rebuilding and repair techniques to reduce property damage in future disasters.


Each Disaster Recovery Center is staffed with FEMA, SBA and state agency disaster recovery specialists who are ready to help survivors through the recovery process.


Registering with FEMA is required for federal aid, even if the person has registered with another disaster relief organization such as the American Red Cross, local officials or churches.


An applicant may go to any DRC, even if it is located in another state. Once an application has been made, a FEMA registration number is given to the file. It can be accessed nationally.|

#     #     #